CellTOX course on Alternative Methods Replacement Alternatives
VitroScreen has contributed (2 lectures) and partecipated (4 scientists) to the training course organized by CellTOX during the 2nd quarter 2013 at the University of Milano Bicocca.
EU regulatory frameworks, together with an improved awareness of the scientific and ethic value of alternative methods to animal testing, have spread the use of such alternatives, in agreement with the 3R principle.
The course had the objectives to train on:
• the principles that drive the development of alternative methods
• the validation process evolution
• the regulatory acceptance of valid methods
• cellular and organotipic 3D biological models which are the base of replacement methods
• the quality criteria of in vitro testing, applicable to both university and private R&D laboratories
14-05-2013 Vitafoods Europe, Geneve, Switzerland
Poster: “Anti-inflammatory effect of probiotics on co-culture models of macrophage-like and caco-2 cells”
08/11-05-2013 International Investigative Dermatology hosted from ESDR, Edinburgh, Scotland
Poster: “Development of an in vitro immuno- suppression model”
05/09-05-2013 ARVO Annual Meeting: Life changing research, the Association for Research in Vision and Oftalmology, Seattle, Washington
Presentation: “Hyperosmolarity dryness stress on 3D HCE model: a new tool for pre-clinical assessment of tear substitutes”