CellTOX course on Alternative Methods Replacement Alternatives
VitroScreen has contributed (2 lectures) and partecipated (4 scientists) to the training course organized by CellTOX during the 2nd quarter 2013 at the University of Milano Bicocca.
EU regulatory frameworks, together with an improved awareness of the scientific and ethic value of alternative methods to animal testing, have spread the use of such alternatives, in agreement with the 3R principle.
The course had the objectives to train on:
• the principles that drive the development of alternative methods
• the validation process evolution
• the regulatory acceptance of valid methods
• cellular and organotipic 3D biological models which are the base of replacement methods
• the quality criteria of in vitro testing, applicable to both university and private R&D laboratories